11 - 12 September, 2018
Hilton London Canary Wharf
44 (0) 207.368.9894
Agenda Day 2
8:00 am - 8:45 am COFFEE AND REGISTRATION
8:45 am - 8:50 am Welcome comments
8:50 am - 9:00 am Chair’s Opening Remarks
Returns: Converting a Nightmare Into an Opportunity
9:00 am - 9:20 am KEYNOTE More goods are coming back and costs are spiraling – how can you convert the challenge of returns to your advantage?Martin Austermann - Director Global Logistics 3PL Strategy and Procurement Adidas
· How can retailers balance their need to expand online with the complexity and cost of returns management: What is the best way to set up your return program?
· How to create strategies to speed up returns processing and facilitate quick integration into company´s inventory
· Creating shared returns handling centers on the edge of the cities in order to make the return process more agile
· How to overcome the challenge of managing international returns
· Do retailers need to start collaborating to tackle returns more efficiently?
Martin AustermannDirector Global Logistics 3PL Strategy and Procurement
9:20 am - 9:40 am CASE STUDY Returns, a key to perform on the French market: Critical success factors for developing an easy and convenient returns policy that lives up to customer expectationsStuart Foster - International Sales Manager La Poste Group
· How to provide stronger return package tracking and refund transparency to reduce shoppers concern during the return process?
· How to build a returns strategy that is both cost effective and meets customers needs
· How to make our return policy not too restrictive in order to enhance our customers return experience
· How to make sure that we get the first return experience right
Stuart FosterInternational Sales Manager
La Poste Group
9:40 am - 10:20 am INTERACTIVE AUDIENCE BENCHMARKING How to maintain control and visibility of your returns while offering customers multiple return optionsDavid Grant - Professor of Logistics University of Hull
- How to maintain control and visibility of your returns while offering customers multiple return
- How to achieve total visibility of every return transaction worldwide, giving customer service teams a powerful tool to monitor returns activity
David GrantProfessor of Logistics
University of Hull
10:40 am - 11:20 am COFFEE & NETWORKING BREAK
TRACK A – Customer Experience Focus11:20 am - 12:00 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE How to deliver consistent CX in the new omnichannel world where offline and online purchasing are merging Shrabani Mohanty - eCommerce Delivery Director Marks & Spencer
TRACK A – Customer Experience Focus12:00 pm - 12:40 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE Aligning customer experience and fulfilment reality: How do we put the customer at the heart of everything we do while maintaining margins? Jon Ford - Head of Logistics and Delivery Experience eBay
TRACK B – Transforming Last Mile Logistics11:20 am - 12:00 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE Carrier Collaboration: How to give your carriers the best chance to deliver the experience promised to your customers Heather Ellis - Head of Distribution Mamas & Papas
TRACK B – Transforming Last Mile Logistics12:00 pm - 12:40 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE Practical ways to improve the customer’s tracking experience from checkout to delivery in order to drive customer loyalty and increase sales Matthieu Paulssen - Head of Warehouse Operations Navabi
12:40 pm - 1:40 pm LUNCH
TRACK A – Targeting European Expansion1:40 pm - 2:20 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE Ensuring your back office structures will support and maintain customer service and delivery standards during expansion
TRACK A – Targeting European Expansion2:20 pm - 3:00 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE Inside DeFacto’s rapid expansion at home and abroad: key lessons learned and pitfalls to avoid Cenk Karapinar - Chief Supply Chain Officer DeFacto
TRACK B – Returns & Customer Experience1:40 pm - 2:20 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE How to influence returns behavior through customer segmentation Michelle Street - Head of Operations and Service Delivery The Jewellery Channel
TTRACK C – Interactive Working Groups1:40 pm - 3:00 pm ROUTE OPTIMIZATION WORKSHOP How to use route optimization software to reduce logistics costs and increase delivery speed
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm CLOSING KEYNOTE The holy grail of home delivery: Evaluating the capabilities of current drone technology and how you can practically incorporate it in your existing operationsMichael Gadd - Head of International Regulatory Affairs Altitude Angel Drones
· What is the reality of using drones in the supply chain? Are they a credible option?
· In which step of the logistics can we get advantage of using drones nowadays?
· How drones can transform parcel delivery to speed up last mile and cut cost?
· The challenge of overcoming drone regulations barriers, technical issues and consumer acceptance
Michael GaddHead of International Regulatory Affairs
Altitude Angel Drones