11 - 12 September, 2018
Hilton London Canary Wharf
44 (0) 207.368.9894
Agenda Day 1
Personalising Last Mile Delivery
9:00 am - 9:30 am KEYNOTE: How to design your last mile delivery model in order to achieve the fast, convenient and cost-effective deliveries promised to your customersDave Crellin - Head of Online Operations Development Sainsbury's
· How to restructure your logistics framework in order to minimize and eliminate operational complexity?
· Looking at innovative ways to find new and cost-efficient ways to deliver products in a more convenient way for customers
· The need of building the right level of carriers network in order to be capable to response to the customer´s demand and expectations
· Do you have operating standard procedures to optimize last mile pick up and delivery operations?
Dave CrellinHead of Online Operations Development
9:30 am - 10:10 am CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: Take click & collect to the next level to enhance the omni-channel experience, increase sales and reduce transportation costsKaren Gibson - Head of Logistics ASDA
· How to integrate click & collect order effectively with store orders to take advantage of the use of existing vehicles and reduce transportation costs?
· How to build greater visibility into your carrier network to ensure that you meet customer´s click & collect promises in an cost efficient manner
· How to make the click & collect model more attractive to customers and what does the ideal click and collect service look like?
· How to avoid customer´s dissatisfaction due to long waiting times and lack of employees during peak times when collecting their products
Karen GibsonHead of Logistics
10:10 am - 10:40 am FIRESIDE CHAT: 30,000 riders delivering from 35,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide – how an eCommerce innovator keeps their global distribution network agile and their customers coming back for moreCaroline Hazlehurst - Operations Director Deliveroo
10:40 am - 11:20 am COFFEE & NETWORKING BREAK
Redesigning Distribution Networks
11:20 am - 12:00 pm COMPARE + CONTRAST PANEL: Evaluating current multichannel distribution network models: What works, what doesn´t & how can you distinguish yourself from the crowd?Tim Allinson - Global Supply Chain Director Jack Wills Sue Roberts - Supply Chain Director Majestic Wine Benoit Huc - VP Global Sales, External Growth and innovation La Poste Group Dave Crellin - Head of Online Operations Development Sainsbury's
· What key elements should take top priority when developing your delivery model?
· How to develop a winning fulfillment model that gives customer the opportunity to purchase whenever and wherever they are
· The challenge of developing a multichannel operating model that balances the objectives of traditional and online retail supply
Tim AllinsonGlobal Supply Chain Director
Sue RobertsSupply Chain Director
Benoit HucVP Global Sales, External Growth and innovation
La Poste Group
Dave CrellinHead of Online Operations Development
Advances in Warehouse Optimization
12:30 pm - 12:50 pm KEYNOTE: Creating the smart warehouse of the future: How to use robotics and automation in order to optimize your warehouse managementJohn Munnelly - Head of Operations John Lewis
· Is a robot going to be your warehouse worker´s best friend in a near future?
· The benefits of using robotics to speed up the picking and packing process, reducing the number of miles waked by workers
· How automation is helping retailers to overcome the limited amount of space in warehouses given the high cost of land
· Which are the main inhibitors holding companies back from implementing robotics in the warehouses?
· Is the technology still unclear and item manipulation difficult for robots?
John MunnellyHead of Operations
12:50 pm - 1:50 pm LUNCH
TRACK A – Mastering Customer-Centric Logistics1:50 pm - 2:10 pm CASE STUDY Pioneering omnichannel in luxury fashion: delivering an agile, scalable capability to ever-changing customer expectations. David Hogg - Watson Marketing and Watson Commerce Sales Leader, Europe IBM
TRACK A – Mastering Customer-Centric Logistics2:10 pm - 2:30 pm CASE STUDY: Analysing the impact of different delivery options on profitability, conversion and sales: How to manage e-commerce fulfilment and deliveries to maximize profitability and growth Svante Lindgren - Head of eCommerce Logistics Ahlens
TRACK A – Mastering Customer-Centric Logistics2:30 pm - 3:10 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE How to evaluate the impact same day delivery (SDD) will have on other parts of your business and whether the demand is high enough to remain profitable Robert Redmile - General Manager, National Routing and Planning Centre Dixons Carphone
· The importance of analyzing which product categories should be available in this service and at what price will be beneficial for the company
· Which are the main logistic challenges that retailers need to face in order to offer SDD and how can they make it happen without damaging company´s turnover?
· Do you have a strong tech system in place that allows you a clear inventory visibility in order to know what can you offer with SDD service?
Robert RedmileGeneral Manager, National Routing and Planning Centre
TRACK B – Warehouse Strategy1:50 pm - 2:30 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE Legacy systems vs. The modern customer: How to make sure your systems align with the business needs to meet your customer’s expectations Annie Ko - Head of eCommerce Fulfilment Travis Perkins
TRACK B – Warehouse Strategy2:30 pm - 3:10 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE The return of the store: As a result of digitalization and urbanization, how can we use our stores as the new warehouses and how will operations support this? Paul Johnson-Barnett - Operations Director Browns
TRACK C – Interactive Working Groups1:50 pm - 2:30 pm LAST MILE WORKSHOP The benefits of using delivery intelligence to optimize your delivery strategy
3:10 pm - 3:50 pm COFFEE & NETWORKING BREAK
TRACK A – Distribution Strategy3:50 pm - 4:10 pm MetaPack case study on Mastering Customer Expectations with Delivery Options Duncan Licence - VP, Global Solutions and New Products MetaPack Group
TRACK B – Advanced Demand Planning & Forecasting3:50 pm - 4:10 pm CASE STUDY Innovation in the Cloud: How ToolsGroup is working to bring their advanced analytics and supply chain management solutions to Luxottica Mauro Adorno - Managing Director ToolsGroup
TRACK C – Interactive Working Groups3:50 pm - 4:10 pm WORKSHOP: Order Management: An Engine for Delivering Rapid OmniChannel David Hogg - Watson Marketing and Watson Commerce Sales Leader, Europe IBM
Fulfilment is the new battleground of competitive advantage. In this session, IBM and Burberry will explore why retailers must accurately promise and co-ordinate the best inventory services and appointments in real time across the extended supply chain.
Drill-down Roundtable Discussions
4:10 pm - 5:00 pm Drill-down Roundtable DiscussionsTobias Wolter - Head of Logistics Fashion ID Dirk Pelgrims - Supply Chain Director VFC Francis Nicholas - Group Head of e-Commerce Nomad Foods Europe Paul Edwick - CEO Lucy Locket Michael Fynboe - Head of eCommerce Operations Bestseller Libor Hudecek - Chief Logistics, Retail and Stores Officer Zoot Mauro Adorno - Managing Director ToolsGroup Becky Lombardo - Logistics Director MATCHESFASHION.COM
In this highly interactive small group format, choose the topic most reflective of your current challenges, then dive deep with your peers and benefit from informal bench marking opportunities, as the roundtable explores:
ØHow to build effective communication with your carriers and fulfilment partners
Tobias Wolter, Head of Logistics, Fashion ID
ØHow to keep costs down when expanding cross border
Dirk Pelgrims, Supply Chain Director, VFC
ØHow to meet the expectations of the “I want it now” generation of young Millennials
Francis Nicholas, Group Digital Director, Nomad Food
ØPlanning for the impact of Brexit
Paul Edwick, Chief Executive Officer, Lucy Locket
ØHow to balance between customer needs & logistics costs when setting your returns strategy
Michael Fynboe, Head of eCommerce Operations, Bestseller
ØHow to make the click & collect model more attractive to customers
Libor Hudecek, Chief Logistics, Retail and Stores Officer, Zoot
Colin Wooldridge, Logistics Performance Manager, Shop Direct
ØHow to use packaging as a brand differentiator as part of your delivery proposition
Chris Williams, Warehouse Manager, The Denby Pottery Company
-How a true partnership approach with 3rd parties in eCommerce fulfilment can bring commercial advantage
Becky Lombardo, Logistics Director, MATCHESFASHION.COM
Tobias WolterHead of Logistics
Dirk PelgrimsSupply Chain Director
Francis NicholasGroup Head of e-Commerce
Nomad Foods Europe
Michael FynboeHead of eCommerce Operations
Libor HudecekChief Logistics, Retail and Stores Officer
Becky LombardoLogistics Director
Mastering Cross-Border Delivery
5:00 pm - 5:40 pm PANEL DISCUSSION : How will Brexit impact the European logistics industry and the cross border strategies of eCommerce retailers?Walter van der Meiren - Customs Brokerage Director UPS Europe James Hookham - Deputy Chief Executive FTA Martin Austermann - Director Global Logistics 3PL Strategy and Procurement Adidas Sue Roberts - Supply Chain Director Majestic Wine Gabriel Tellier - Logistics Director PhotoBox Robert Kulawick - Chief Operating Officer Everything5pounds.com
James HookhamDeputy Chief Executive
Martin AustermannDirector Global Logistics 3PL Strategy and Procurement
Sue RobertsSupply Chain Director
Gabriel TellierLogistics Director
Robert KulawickChief Operating Officer
Walter van der MeirenCustoms Brokerage Director